To sustain in a market where every other day a new VoIP company is setting their foot in, VoIP businesses need a working strategy to increase their customer base, lower their operational costs whilst significantly scaling up their ROI. To meet the ends, they need a software with a low initial outlay, but with potential to add up capacity and service benefits when you want. One such important tool that you cannot do without in VoIP business is the softswitch.
Specifically developed to handle huge and fast growing volume of traffic, softswitches are an integral part of any VoIP communication system. They connect the call and also take care of all important functionalities like routing, switching, billing, managing and generating reports as well as invoices. The integrated billing functionality enables the providers to bill phone to phone, PC to phone, PC to PC and phone to PC calls accurately for call originations, call terminations and call transits.
With end-to-end solutions in VoIP business for the providers, getting the right softswitch not only helps in entering the business rink with lesser investment, but also to lower the operational cost in multiple ways in the long run.
How to reduce operations cost in VoIP business with the softswitch:
1. Some of the new-generation softswitches are easily configurable through the administrative panel all by yourself. The administrator can have everything on his browser screen for more convenience and flexibility. The billing software integrates multiple servers on one platform, hence bringing down the integration cost considerably.
2. In a VoIP business, softswitches have several advantages over the traditional switching system. First and foremost of all, the overall cost is brought down with the use of IP network for communication service. Without much hassles and elaborate setup actions, carriers have the freedom to choose value added services for their customers often by simply integrating a new server that delivers and supports the desired functionalities.
3. Softswitches add multiplied scope of scalability to any VoIP business. With The IP softswitch controlling the connection, more number of clients can be handled without overloading the processors that may call for maintenance costs. With extra features like call recording and billing already integrated in the VoIP softswitch, there are no additional costs involved when service providers plan to scale or expand their business.
4. Softswitches help providers to gain profit from without major capital investment as there are a number of softswitch providers in the market who offer solutions at competitive rates; also, there are no maintenance costs or deployment delays. If the provider is opting for a hosted solution, he does not even need to install and configure the billing software.
5. With a major decrease in the operational cost with switching and VoIP billing operations covered by the same solution, VoIP providers can concentrate on major aspects of the business like sales, marketing, scaling up business or adding value added applications to increase his competitive advantage and higher profitability.
With call connecting, call management and billing benefits with lesser operational costs, providers can focus on operational efficiency and improved customer service.