What is VoIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP means replacing standard phone line services by communication services over the public internet, and can be used in homes and businesses. With the huge surge in the number of VoIP users, business opportunities for entrepreneurs and small businesses that want to capitalize on the mass migration to newer and faster communication technologies is growing rapidly. Becoming a VoIP dealer or reseller allows you to help others enter the broadband voice and data revolution, and potentially earn a good living doing so.
How to start an Enterprise VoIP company
To start a VoIP company you will need a few essential things. Each of these things need to be qualified so that you know that your providers will still be there after you go live, and that they will honour your contract with them.
• A website to allow the customer to sign up and see their options and minutes used (optional but much recommended).
• A provider of minutes so that your customers can call regular PSTN phone numbers.
• A DID provider which allows your customers to have regular PSTN phone numbers for incoming calls.
• A VoIP softswitch to route traffic from the DIDs to your customers and allow them to call out. Some companies will allow you to rent your softswitch which is great if you are just starting off your company and don’t have a lot of capital to invest.
• A hardware provider for the ATAs and IP phones needed to have your customers connect to the VoIP server.
Mobile VoIP- Dialer
The Mobile Dialer is a software application installed and used on mobile phones. They are used to make VoIP calls from a mobile hand set. The Mobile Dialer or Mobile VoIP Dialer uses SIP signaling and can be mapped to a Voipswitch or an IP device to work as a device for Voice, Video and SMS communicator.
Making calls from a mobile phone is the most preferred way of calling. Consumers may switch from their regular phone plan to VoIP as it offers international calling at affordable rates. Mobile Dialers allow users to use VoIP on their mobile phones with great ease.
Because mobile dialers are used on mobile phones they can be used anywhere and thereby remove the traditional VoIP limitation of using a computer or other VoIP device which are restricted to home environment. To use this software, users will need to install a supportive mobile dialer into their handset.
If you are planning on offering VoIP to your clients, mobile dialers may be a good solution. You will likely be able to obtain them from the company you are getting your Softswitch from.
Different Types of VoIP Businesses
There are many types of VoIP businesses you can start building from the ground up. Some of these businesses are:
• Consultation Services for VoIP
• VoIP Call Center Solutions
• VoIP Wholesale provider
• Prepaid calling cards
Whatever service you are planning to go into, your hardware or software provider will be able to tell you exactly what you will need in order to start.