So you want to go in the VoIP industry and open up your own VoIP company but not sure what you want to sell exactly? Here is a guide of the different services you can offer;
· Consultation Services for VoIP: so many homes and businesses are changing over to VoIP these days because it is so much cheaper. There are so many different VoIP plans and packages out there, they don’t always know what to choose. By being a consultant you will help them choose the package that will best suit their needs.
· VoIP Call Center Solutions: a VoIP call center is a call center hosted by a VoIP provider and not a physical location. By offering VoIP call center solutions, you will help companies set up call centers so that they can handle calls correctly, minimize wait time for callers, and improve company efficiency all while keeping costs low.
· VoIP Wholesale provider (wholesale termination): sell VoIP minutes to people so they can make VoIP calls
· Prepaid calling cards: you provide an access code with you calling cards so that people can make national and international VoIP calls from their landline and mobile phones without the need of a computer. The customer will need to put in their unique pin, found on the back of the card before they can start talking. These calling cards can then be bought by the customers in news agents, local retailers, grocery shops or online.
You can also offer pinless calling cards. With pinless cards, the customer will need to put in their access code but either the system will recognize the phone number they are calling from or they have a unique access code so a pin is not needed.
· IP PBX: An IP PBX is a home or business VoIP system for making internal and external calls. It consists of an IP PBX server, one or more SIP phones or VoIP phones and sometimes a VoIP Gateway. The phones are connected to the server. When someone wishes to make an internal call, they will go through the IP PBX server which has a directory of all the phones and their SIP addresses in the system and the call will be connected to the recipient. If one wishes to make an external call using the IP PBX it can be done with a VoIP Gateway or VoIP service provider.
The IP PBX business is growing really fast. By becoming an IP PBX service provider you will help your clients set up their systems.
In order to provide these services you will need to buy or host a VoIP switch. If you are new to the VoIP world or do not want to invest a lot of money into your business it is best to host. Your VoIP switch provider will be able to tell you what you will need exactly in order to start a VoIP company and provide the services you wish to offer.